Wednesday, December 27, 2017

DECEMBER 2017 ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello House guests!!! 

I hope you all (who celebrate) had a wonderful Christmas.  Here in our area of Maine, we got a big snow storm on Christmas day and were left with about a foot of snow.  

It's time for an Anything Goes Challenge at The House That Stamps Built.  That means we get to create without a direct challenge.  So, join us and let your creativity go free.  


Sometimes I like to make scene cards and I have to say, I think Repeat Impressions has some of the best stamps for scenes.  For this card, after stamping and masking the "sun" and the RI Stamp #1015-L "Polar Bear Kisses", using Distress Inks, I sponged the ground and sky.  I then removed the "sun" mask, I stamped RI#2714-D "Small Pine Forest" in first and second generations with more Distress Inks.  After removing the polar bear mask, I decided I wanted the bears to have more dimension on the panel, so I stamped and colored them again on a separate card stock panel and fussy cut them and adhered them over the original stamping.  The sentiment is RI#3804-I "Happy New Year".    

Please come on and play along, you can get all the details for entering and what you can win at THE HOUSE.  

Need more inspiration...check out these blogs of other Repeat Impressions Rock Stars.

Deonna - Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Esther Shirley   

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year!  Thanks so much for stopping by.


9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love this!!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

It's gorgeous, Cheri. Wonderful!

Donna said...

Fantastic card, what a fabulous scene for the New Year and those bears are so cute!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love this stamp,scene, coloring. What is there not to love about this creation. We got a bit of snow just enough to say it was a white Christmas. Happy New Year.

Laurie Unger said...

This is so sweet! Happy New Year, Cheri!

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely polar bear scene you've created! Love the added dimension of the fussy cut bears and that super sized sun! Such a gorgeous card.

Ina G said...

Those bears are so cute and what a beautiful scene you created here SS. Looks so cold - and cooling me down at the same time. We had our hottest Christmas Day in many a year going around 40c which is over 100f. Thanks goodness for AC.

Cynthia said...

Lovely scene, Cheri! Such a sweet polar bear image.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a perfect white Christmas!! It snowed enough to cover our ground, so it counted, but then it melted off before lunch. But at least I saw snow! : ) This card is adorable and your scene is perfect!!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book