Tuesday, May 9, 2017

MAMA ELEPHANT

Hello Junkies...well, it's almost Mother's Day and I just had to make a card using this adorable stamp called "Mama and Baby".  



The background was created using the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks which I sponged on a piece of watercolor paper.  I then lightly spritzed it with water and blended gently with an aqua brush.  After drying the panel, I sponged more ink on in areas I wanted a little more color.  The elephant stamp was stamped using Archival inks in layers.  First I covered the stamp with "Watering Can" which is a gray ink and then I inked the stamp up again but only in a few areas with black.  The result was "shadows" on the elephants.  

The sentiment is from the new April 2017 Stamp Release collection "Happy Mother's Day".

Technique Junkies has a new monthly challenge and you can still play and enter until May 13.  Winners will be announced on May 14.  

We also have a new FaceBook Page.  Come on over and join in on the conversations and post your cards and comments.  

Don't forget to check out the new May 2017 Stamps just released and if you'd like to purchase any of the TJ stamps and need a little discount, please feel free to use my discount code TJ10Cheri and get yourself a full 10% off your entire order of stamps.  

I'm entering this card in the new JUGS  word challenge this week.  


Thanks so much for stopping by....and I hope you get yourself some crafting time today.  






5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

great card!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- This is fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is fun! Love the ellies. This also qualifies for the JUGS Challenge~ http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2017/05/just-us-girls-392-word-week.html

Ina G said...

Love the result you got with the inking of the elephants. Gorgeous background and a stunning card SS. Such a beauty. And you came over to play with us at JUGS! What a bonus. Thanks for sharing with us.

Maria said...

Awe, what a super cool background and images! Love the colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book