Wednesday, March 1, 2017

DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE FOR MARCH 2017 - LONG TALL SALLY

Hey there blog friends!!!  

It's a Designer's Choice Challenge over at The House That Stamps Built and this month it's Laurie's turn and her challenge is to create a "Long Tall Sally" card.  

I had never heard of this type of card, but found out it's a card that would fit into a business sized envelop.  What a fun idea!!!!  I often get caught up in A2 size cards and rarely, if ever, make any others.  This was such a great change and cool idea.  




My card uses RI#k9601-I Beer Foam, RI#9602-O "Beer Mug" and 9607-E "Happy Beerday To You".  All are from the "Bottoms Up" Series.    

I stamped the mugs on a sandy colored card stock and colored the mugs with (what else?) my Copic Markers.  I painted the foam with white acrylic paint and then went back in with a Memento gray marker to redraw the definition.  I layed that panel against a black panel to accent it and white heat embossed the sentiment on a separate strip of black card stock.  The star is a tiny punch.  

You really will have some fun playing along with this challenge and I hope you do.  The information on how to enter and what you can win, can be found at THE HOUSE.  
 If you'd like some incredible inspiration check out my team mates...they will blow you away with their creations.  


Deonna - Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Patti J - Shirley 

Thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for your comments.  



9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

now there's a winner, gorgeous!

Glittered Paws said...

I love this beer mug and have seen you use it before and loved it then- awesome long tall card and I have a feeling you will bemaking more of this style. Great card.

Laurie Unger said...

Love what you did for this challenge! Great guy card. I think I might need to get that stamp!!!

Donna said...

This is a awesome masculine card, the foam is perfect, I know lots of men that would like a card like this!

Kim Waguespack Writes said...

Wendy better give you royalties...I think she will be selling a lot of this stamp! Great card!

joy said...

The is a fabulous card!! Your use of this stamp is outstanding !! So many of my friends would love to receive a card like this. Great job!

Patti J said...

What a fun man card! I can think of oodles of folks that would like this. Great job on this fun challenge! Hugs...

Heather said...

Very fun!! I LOVE how you did the foam; it looks fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What great mugs of beer awesome card

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book